How are you going?
For many in our local community, extended lockdown brings mounting challenges. So much of our lives can be affected, such as our health and well-being, our relationships, our care for those who depend on us, our work, rest, enjoyment, even our general sense of meaning and direction in life.
At St Matts, we’d like to help support our local community. Here are some things we’re able to offer at the moment. Some of these are regular activities. They are open to the public and you’re most welcome to join us at any time. Others are particular offers of assistance that we can arrange with you on request. Please feel free to contact our staff team here: [email protected]
How can we help?
Here are some 'practical ideas' that may be of help to you. For details, contact us here: [email protected]
• Someone to talk with over the phone or online.
• Some company for a walk.
• Ask about a ‘Bubble Buddy’.
• A food parcel for those in financial need.
• Join in our church services, streamed from the ‘Live’ page on this website.
• Online Kids Club
• Youth Group
• Kids Activity Packs
• Other groups for Bible study and informal get togethers on Zoom.
Anglicare food & financial assistance: www.anglicare.org.au/what-we-offer/food-and-financial- assistance/
Does ‘faith’ make a difference?
As Christians, we believe God created us, knows us and loves us. We also believe that he has experienced human life, with all its joys and struggles, in the person of his Son, the Lord Jesus. For these reasons, he is uniquely able to help us. He offers us the best way to live. His personal presence, care & guidance are not hindered by lockdown, and neither are his plans & purposes for our world. This understanding brings great comfort, assurance, hope and even joy in all circumstances. If you’d like to know more, please feel free to be in touch. [email protected]
Here are some excellent shorts talks given by great speakers, including some you may know! They share from various perspectives about the difference Christian faith makes in their lives.
Advice on caring for ourselves and each other.
Emergency Contacts & Other Assistance:
• Lifeline: 13 11 14. Want to talk about it? We’re here for you.
• Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800. Any time. Any reason.
• 1800 Respect: National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service.
• NSW Health: COVID info & contact details