Dare to Ask - Lifeline session18 Oct, 2018
9:45am - 12pm
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury is committed to Raising Awareness, Reducing Stigma and Increasing Safety around various issues affecting our community, including suicide. Dare to Ask has been developed to equip individuals with the ability to Recognise when it is necessary to ask whether someone is thinking about suicide, Respond with appropriate skills and Refer to relevant help. Each one of us can make a big difference in the life of someone who is struggling, simply by daring to engage in a compassionate conversation that enables them to access help.
Dare to Ask is a short 2 hour course that teaches practical ways to help a friend, family member or co-worker. It deals directly with the topic of suicide. The course covers:
- Facts and factors relating to suicide
- How do we Recognise when a person may be thinking about suicide?
- How do we Respond if we think there is a problem?
- How exactly do we ask and what do we do with the answer?
- Who can we Refer to for help?
The cost of this training is $30.30 (including booking fee) – the group is capped at 20 people to allow for good interaction and group dynamics, so please book early.