Service of Remembrance - Recording
Expires 31st Dec
To view the service online please click play on the video below which will go play the recording of the Service from Dec 7.
To get the most out of the service here are a few extra details:
- Download an order of service to follow along here.
- This year a poem, The Closeness of God, has been inserted in the order of service onsite, to download a copy click here.
- Please also click here & fill in the form so we can send you an invite next year.
- Onsite we had a box for people to contribute to an offering if they'd like. One hundred percent of the money collected is given to The Compassionate Friends NSW. If you'd like to contribute please use the below bank details, in the description please write "remembrance" or "compassionate" to ensure all funds are passed on.
- Account Name: St Matthews Anglican Church WPH
- Bank: ANZ Hornsby
- BSB: 012 306
- Account No: 108 494 487
This service, open to families (and friends) who've lost a child (of any age), seeks to ease that pain a little by offering a means of acknowledging and remembering a deeply loved and missed family member.
This year's service will be a hybrid format offering the service onsite and online. Those on site can be confident that St Matthews continues to operate with a CovidSafe plan. We are governed by the 2m2 rule and will need people to check in. The service will be followed with a COVIDSafe supper in the Parish Hall.
To help include all those attending, whether in person or online, and to assist keeping COVIDSafe, instead of placing flowers, the names and ages of your children will be read at the service and will also appear on the screen. To have your family included please email the full name/s and ages to [email protected] or call 9479 3700 as soon as possible. Our desire is to have the children of each one of you recognised at the service. Please note that we cannot use names from last year's service. If you would like to have your child included please contact us again this year.
This year, we are pleased to announce that The Archbishop, the Most Reverend Kanishka Raffel will speak via video during the service. Kanishka was inaugurated as Archbishop in May 2021 after serving as the Dean of Sydney. Kanishka is known for his eloquent and biblical sermons and warm evangelism. As the Dean of Sydney, he initiated new outreach activities such as the Cathedral City Care Rough Sleepers ministry to those sleeping rough. His warm and sensitive approach will assist us as we reflect carefully and helpfully on life’s journeys and the place of hope.
Our remembrance service is driven by our knowledge of God as a compassionate Father and loving Shepherd who walks with his people through all the kaleidoscope of human experiences not least when we lose those we love.